Do you live in an area where snow is no stranger, where your driveways get piled up with snow? Are you tired of waking up 2 hours early just to clear snow from your driveway by shoveling since its unavoidable? Well, you’re in for a treat because we have brought you the best inexpensive way to deal with snow using some of the best affordable snow blowers that are up to the task, and can make your life a whole lot easier.
These gas-powered two- and three-stage blowers are capable enough to handle the wet and heavy snowfall. Usually, these machines are expensive but a few are out there that are affordable. You will need at least $499 or as much as $699 to get the best affordable snow blower meant for smaller homes to clear your sidewalks and driveway, but you may have to compromise on the fact that you won’t get many bonus features with an inexpensive blower.
5 Top Best Affordable Snow Blowers
We researched and picked up these affordable yet promising snow eating machines that require little to no maintenance to make it easier for you. Have a blast!
1. Toro Power Clear 518 ZE
Toro Power Clear 518 ZE is the best affordable snow blower on the market than can smoothly change speeds. It is something to be considered and adept with snowfalls of about afoot. Equipped with a 4-Cycle OHV 99 CCs engine with separate tanks for fuel and oil. Starts on 120-Volt Electricity. It’s the curved rotor and inverted funnel efficiently moves snow without clogging. Clears 1100 lbs. of snow per minute with an 18-inch clearing path. Zip Deflector directs snow at any angle with just a touch of your hand whereas the plastic chute rotates 210 degrees throwing snow 25 feet.
- Easy to use.
- Variable speed.
- Relatively quick.
- Powerful engine.
- Backup electric starter.
- Collapses for easy storage.
- Reliable cold weather starts.
- 2-year full-coverage warranty.
- No premixing of fuel and oil tanks.
- Clears 1100 lbs. of snow per minute.
- Adept with snowfalls of about afoot.
- Weighs 58 pounds, lighter than others.
- Zip Deflector directs snow at any angle.
- Equipped with a 4-Cycle OHV 99 CCs engine.
- No headlight.
- Plastic Wheel.
- Difficulty with wet snow.
- The hard lid of the gas tank.
- Breaking of rubber paddles.
- Difficulty in refilling the oil tank.
- Throwing distance is average.
- Screws loosening or falling out.
- Parts are made of cheaper materials that keep the costs down.
2. PowerSmart DB7622H
This unit earned itself a place in our top slot with its affordable price tag and promising performance. This blower consists of 20.3 x 18.1 x 20.5 inches dimensions and a powerful 120V, 60Hz, 13 amps motor engine. Comes with a clearing width of 18 inches wide and a clearing depth of 9 inches deep. Clears off sidewalks, driveways, and patios without much trouble with its durable rubber-tipped steel auger throwing snow up to 30 feet all without clogging. It rotates easily at 180-degree, adjusting chute to throw snow in any direction you like. PowerSmart DB7622H blower comes with a large auxiliary handle coated with foam which helps in moving the blower and proving to be comfortable.
- Rotates at 180 degrees.
- Rubber-tipped steel auger.
- Designed for convenience and comfort.
- Large auxiliary handle coated with foam.
- A powerful 120V, 60Hz, 13 amps motor engine.
- Clearing width of 18 inches and clearing depth of 9 inches.
- Tiny wheels.
- No headlight.
- 1 year, limited.
- Requires maintenance.
- Hard to maneuver in wet snow.
- Not suitable for heavy and wet snow.
3. CRAFTSMAN SB410
CRAFTSMAN SB410 is a perfect combination of value and performance. Its affordable price particularly attracts bargain-minded consumers. It’s also got many features so it’s not cheap but still affordable compared to all other high performing blowers making it our best choice. It is powered by a 208cc 4-cycle Craftsman engine. This blower features a 110V electric start push button and an enhanced clearing power that comes from its 12-inch steel auger, and 12-inch impeller that is capable of cutting through hard-packed and wet snow. 180-degree rotating chute with OHV crank controls throwing distance while saving your time.
With a 24-inch clearing width and a 21-inch height intake, it can clear out the snow in no time. It consists of a self-propelled drive that can adjust to 8 speeds i.e. 6 forward and 2 reverse. Equipped with 13-inc X-Trac tires provide versatility on slopes and inclines.
- Longer life.
- 2-year warranty.
- Powerful engine.
- Runs without a hitch.
- Great value for money.
- Improved fuel economy.
- Electric start push button.
- Adjustable poly skid shoes.
- 13-inch tires offer traction.
- Requires little to no maintenance.
- The engine doesn’t produce much noise.
- Steel housing provides durability and ruggedness.
- 180° chute rotation allows for controlled snow flow.
- No headlights.
- A bit expensive.
- Eats considerate fuel.
- Control lever hard to use.
4. EGO Power+ SNT2100
EGO Power+ SNT2100 is considered to be the most powerful electric snowblower. Excels in reliability and consistency. The EGO POWER+ SNT2100 cordless blower features push-button start and peak power technology that combines the power of two ARC Lithium batteries of 56-Volt and 2000 watt, high-efficiency brushless motor that engages the auger via belt or pulley system to clear heavy and wet snow. Consists of 45 x 35 x 22 inches dimensions. Has 21-inches wide intake, leaving a cleared and smooth path. It can throw the snow from the chute about 35 feet away by adjusting the remote chute, robust steel construction, and variable-speed auger to control how far the snow is thrown making it powerful and efficient in the market.
This best affordable snow blower has a dependable electric power source so it can handle low to moderate snowfall up to 8 inches. The unit is not only strong but very light and nimble making it easy to maneuver.
- Durable plastic parts.
- Returnable on amazon.
- 2 high powered LED lights.
- Clearing width of 21 inches.
- Has a rapid charger for batteries.
- Snow throwing distance up to 35 feet.
- 2 lithium batteries that run for an hour.
- Dual-process starting procedure for safety.
- Lightweight brushless motor giving high power and speed.
- Variable auger speed control to help determine how far you throw the snow.
- Completely cordless.
- Heavier than other blowers.
- Replacement parts are difficult to find.
- The charger has to be bought separately.
- The chute can clog up due to wet and dense snow.
5. YARDMAX YB5765
One of the top picks in the best affordable snowblower is YARDMAX YB5765 that delivers both power and result. This dual-stage blower comes with a 196 cc engine and 6.5 hp. Aluminum gear case and synthetic gear oil increase its performance. With its clearing width of 22 inches and clearing depth 10 inches, it can chew through icy snow. Serrated steel augers having a 9.5 diameter can break through hard-packed snow and ice, whereas the impeller having a 10 diameter can throw the snow from the chute. The control crank can change snow throwing direction.
YARDMAX YB5765 is 10 inches tall, but can easily pick up wet snow and throw it to the side just not that far. This makes it a good option to clear gravelly driveways because it sits slightly above the ground. Starts like a standard lawn-mower on the first pull. This snow blower offers multiple speeds such as 5 in forward and 2 in a reverse direction due to self-propelled drive. Its maneuverability comes from 2-wheel drive and 1-wheel drive.
- Steel Alloy.
- Pin-lock axle.
- 2-year warranty.
- Dual-stage blower.
- Clearing width of 22 inches.
- Comes with a 196 cc engine and 6.5 hp.
- A good option to clear gravelly driveways.
- Maneuverability comes from 2-wheel drive and 1-wheel drive.
- Offers multiple speeds such as 5 in forward and 2 in a reverse direction.
- Metal shoes.
- Plastic chute.
- No electric start.
- Less user friendly.
- Difficult to assemble.
If you’re looking for a model with a little more get up and go and is also the best affordable snow blower then this article is for you. These beauties aim to make your job quicker and a lot easier!
We plowed through enough online reviews of snow blowers on the websites of retailers such as Amazon and eBay to say that these recommended ones are up to the task and won’t disappoint you. Additionally, for the best 2 stage snow blowers, the best 2 stage snow blower under $1000, the best snow blower for wet snow, the best single stage snow blower, the best snow blower for gravel driveway, best snow blower for large driveway, best snow plow for ATV, best snow plow for polaris ranger, and the best snow blower under $500 do visit these review articles. They will surely give value to your money. Hope this article helps you in choosing the best option to deal with winter. Happy Snow blowing!