Cordless drills are employed to make holes in walls and in other fictile surfaces for various purposes such as installing a fixture and hanging a painting or curtains etc. There are several types of cordless drills and the categorization is based on the design and functional capabilities of the drilling machine. So, choosing a suitable tool is a challenging task as there is a huge variety of drilling devices available in the market. The major advantage of a cordless unit is that it eliminates the need for a power socket or a long cable that can connect the drill to the power source.
These drills are powered by persistent batteries that allow you to work continuously for up to an hour. Plus, these tools are extremely lightweight and compact that makes them highly maneuverable and easy to carry around. Some of the best cordless drills under $50 are discussed for the people who stick to their budget.
Key Factors to Consider while choosing a Cordless Drill
It’s very important to consider the type of battery while getting a cordless drill as the battery is the main powerhouse that runs the drilling device. You can find cordless drills that are powered by Nickel-cadmium (NiCd) batteries, these batteries are heavier and discharge rapidly. While some drills integrate Lithium-ion batteries that can be recharged quickly and are considered more durable.
A cordless drill that includes dual-speed settings or more allows you to control the speed according to the functional requirements.
The power output of the drill machine is another important feature, cordless drills that come with High-voltage batteries are more powerful and provides longer run-time.
Always make sure that your cordless drill has ergonomic design and it features comfortable trigger and grip.
5 Best Cordless Drill under $50
1. Black and Decker LDX120C 20V Max Cordless Drill Driver
This cordless drill by Black and Decker is recognized as a flagship model that demonstrates power and durability. LDX120C Max by Black and Decker integrates 11 position clutch that made screw driving tasks much simpler by ensuring complete control. Experts evaluate this drilling machine as the one best cordless drill under $50 mainly because it offers unlimited power and exceptional features. LDX120C Max is powered by Lithium-ion batteries that ensure the longest run time and delivers 115-in-lbs of torque plus you can drill with the maximum drill speed of 650 RPM. Moreover, this budget-friendly option also includes a built-in LED light that can be easily turned on by pressing the trigger.
- The design of this drill is extremely ergonomic
- Very lightweight
- Highly maneuverable
- The average battery life of 1 hour
- It comes with a 2-year warranty
- The model exhibits power and durability
- The model doesn’t include a carrying case
- It can be slower to fully charge compared to other budget drill options.
2. Genesis GCD18BK Best Cordless Drill
Genesis has been famous for specializing in power tool technology. It’s not easy to find high quality cordless that comes in an affordable range but GCD18BK by Genesis is considered as the best cordless drill under $50 due to its reliability and smooth user experience. The model features a 3/8-inch keyless chuck that offers 16 position clutch settings. Plus, this cordless drill comes with a magnetic tray that is able to hold screws and bits and its rubberized slip resistant grip allows complete control over the machine. The maximum drill speed of this drilling device is 550 RPM and you can also regulate the pace as per surface and work requirements. Its built-in LED light will enable you to work during dark hours.
- It includes a practical feature of an electrical brake
- The cordless drill weighs only 4 pounds and highly portable
- Highly budget-friendly option, ideal for household tasks
- Extremely durable and enduring design
- It allows you to drill with hushed noise levels.
- It is not secured by a long-time warranty
- Not very impressive carrying case
3. Avid Power MW316 20V Max Cordless Drill
This cordless drill by Avid Power has the most simple and user-friendly design that is able to perform all the heavy-duty work, thanks to its powerful 20V Lithium-ion batteries that enable the machine to yield 0-550 RPM of torque. The model features several controllable features such as it integrates 16 torque settings and a variable speed trigger for improved performance and it also prevents stripping while drilling and bolting into woods, plastics, ceramics, and even metal. This cordless drill is equipped with trigger-activated LED lighting technology to illuminate poorly lit areas.
The versatile drill weighs only 2.2 pounds that enhances its portability and you can easily use this machine for an extended period of time. With Lithium-ion battery it includes a battery charger that recharges the machine within an hour, 10 HSS steel drill bits, 10 driver bits, magnetic flexible shaft, and an extension bar for attaching to the fastener. In other words, it’s a complete package and this machine has all the requisite features to be the best cordless drill under $50.
- It is powered by powerful lithium-ion batteries
- Backed up by 2-year warranty
- Controllable speed settings
- Comfortable and ergonomic design
- It comes with a USB output and charges status indicator
- Extremely lightweight and functional.
- Very affordable option
- Included in the list of a best cordless drill.
- Some mechanics are not satisfied with the design
- Battery quality is not up to the mark
4. TackLife PCD018 Cordless Drill
If a power tool demonstrates a multi-user-friendly design; it means that it can be easily operated by a beginner and it can also be acclaimed by a professional mechanic which will enhance its potential functionality. This cordless drill by TackLife allows more users of all levels to get their hands on this drilling machine. PCD018 by TackLife tenders two working modes; drilling and screw driving, there are different speed settings for each mode. In the screwdriver, the speed can be adjusted between the range of 0-350 RPM while in drilling mode the speed can be regulated in the range of 0-1300 RPM.
This drilling machine is powered by Lithium-ion batteries and consumes 12V for optimal functioning. It is able to drill 150 holes of 50mm in softwood whereas this drill is designed to make 30 holes of 5mm in steel. Besides, it is highly maneuverable, physical weight of 4.15 pounds makes it extremely easier to carry around.
- It has an extremely ergonomic design
- It comes with an indicator light that shows battery capacity
- Inbuilt LED light is found in the drill
- Made up of durable high-end material
- Powerful Lithium-ion batteries that can be recharged in just 1 hour
- The cordless drill doesn’t create a nuisance during the operation phase.
- One of the best cordless drill under $50
- Quality of battery is not very impressive
5. Teccpo TDCD02P 12V Max Cordless Drill
TECCPO manufactures the best cordless drills under $50 that lies in the affordable range and also introduces remarkably designed high-end tools in the market. The 12V drill comes with highly energized Lithium-ion batteries that are able to deliver 240 in-lbs. of torque. The model will allow you to control the speed settings through variable speed triggers and you can increase the speed in the range of 0-1350 RPM in drilling mode. Plus, the drilling machine features 20+1 torque settings to protect screws and ensures smooth operation. Its 3/8-inch self-locking chuck feature has simplified the process of drill bit loading/unloading plus you can use this drill for a longer period of time comfortably due to its soft rubberized handle.
- The cordless drill has all advanced technological features
- Dual battery system with 10 drill bits and eight 50mm driver bits
- Great-quality machine
- Budget-friendly option
- It is equipped with LED light for improved visibility
- Very lightweight and portable
- It comes with a sturdy carrying case
- It is secured by a 2-year warranty
- Quality of the charger is unsatisfactory
- Experts were expecting more from its power and speed.
Whether you are a beginner or a professional mechanic, the evolving technology of power tools will definitely bewilder you once you look into the diverse market of cordless drills. Certainly, you can only rate a tool once you get to work with it, but still, you can keep certain factors in mind while procuring a drilling device. Often, the drilling capacity of the cordless drill has been ignored while examining other important features but this feature determines the maximum drilling diameter you can drill from a particular device. Even the best cordless drill under $50 contain 10 and 13mm sized mandrels that ensure maximum drilling diameter and enhance the overall performance of the machine.