Choosing between gas and electric snow blower is one of the first things you should consider. The benefit of gas is that you’re not limited to the length of any type of wires, making the unit easier to navigate. Motors that come with gas-powered snow blowers are much stronger than electrical ones.
Single-stage gas snow blowers are best for large and big areas. So if you have a huge amount of space that requires clearing, this could be the best choice for you. Some gas-powered snow blowers need extra repair and protection. Especially when stored in hotter seasons. Let’s check out the best gas snow blower.
Best Gas Snow Blower 2021 (In-depth reviews)
The use of snow blowers is increasing day by day. In case, you are planning to buy one then, here is a complete review of the best gas snow blower/ gas snow blower under $200 available in the market.
1. Briggs and Stratton 1696619
Briggs and Stratton snow blower is the best choice for blowing snow in the large area in your backyard that you have to clear This machine is empowered by a 250cc engine that is dual staged, build with durable steel.
It is rated as 86/100 overall, with 92 ratings for quality and 79 points on branding. Although, it has the least rating in terms of value where it is rated 53. The Briggs and Stratton 1696619, is a very powerful gas snow blower for 11.5 foot-pounds of torque. It can clear a snow path of size 27 inches wide and 20 inches deep. The speed is also amazing in both forward and reverses directions. Also, it has a front LED headlight to keep you working even in the night times. The oversized controls are also available for allowing you to work while wearing your mittens. Although it starts on electric controls for as low as 20 degrees below zero. Moreover, a chute rotation allows full control. It has three impeller blades for amazing results.
- It has forward and reverses speeds
- Comes with a forwards LED headlight
- Free control allows adjustment of the chute
- The durable design of steel frame and steel auger to taking heavy snow
- User friendly
- These are very noisy as compared to the electric ones. So, we highly recommend the use of noise-canceling headsets.
- The assembly instructions are quite difficult to comprehend.
- The carburetor is also not easily accessible.
2. PowerSmart PSS2240C
PowerSmart PSS2240C 212cc is a two-staged snowblower. This comes with a very powerful engine for snow clearing. The company offers a free 16 oz PowerSmart Thermos Mug with every buy. It can easily clean snow of 24 inches in width and 20 inches in depth. The drive system allows multi-directional to work in six forward and two backward speeds. The chute rotation range is 180 degrees for the best results.
- It has a powerful engine
- Can operate in forward as well as in backward speeds
- Best suited for the heavy snowfall
- It has inflatable tires of 13 inch,
- The machine can operate even on the slippery terrains.
- The carburetor is not very reliable.
- It does not have a snow shute remover tool.
- Also, the cords for moving the machine get loose very easily
3. Husqvarna ST224
Husqvarna engine ST224 24 inch 208cc is also the most rated gas snow blower under $200. It comes with a remote Chute Rotator. This snow blower has 15-inch tires. Also, it is a two-staged snowblower, having an electric start and then it operates on the gas. The dimensions of this machine are 58.5 x 40.5 x 24 inches. Although the weight 198.6 lbs are not very ideal still the machine operates fine. This specific snow blower is designed for residents who suffer problems of the blockade in their big garages and pathways after heavy snowfall.
- It is a two-staged machine with electric start and then it converts to gas use.
- This can work on kinds of surfaces from plain areas to slippery landscapes.
- High throwing capacity.
- It comes with an adjustable seat height with a handle grip and front LED headlights for comfortable use.
- Smooth operations operated by friction disc transmission, which makes it the best gas snow blower.
- The chute rotation is not very smooth
- Value engineered cables are used
- The cables are made up of plastic
4. Briggs & Stratton 1530MDS
The Briggs and Stratton 1530 MDS Elite Series is a dual staged snow blower with an electric start and then converts on gas. The handgrips come with a feature to keep hands warm during work. The dual trigger steering makes the drive easier than ever. The chute rotation and deflector helps in easy snow blowing in the other direction while running the machine. It has a robust construction. The size of tires (16-inch x 4.8-inch) helps in traction. The LED headlights allow the work at night times as well. The machine has a powerful engine of 1450 Professional series Engine,
- Easy electric start push button allows fast start-up, even in -20 degrees of weather.
- Amazing driveway qualities pertaining to dual-trigger steering
- Can be operated with one hand operation as it comes with freehand control, as the freehand control operation allows rotation of chute and adjust speed accordingly
- The durable construction of steel
- Reliable design
- Heated handgrips allow working easily and comfortably even in the cold environment.
- It can not work on inclined surfaces
5. Earthwise SN70016
The Earthwise SN70016 is a top-notch gas snow blower available at low cost with amazing work, as it can blow the snow as far as thirty feet. It has a 12 amperes motor with a great throwing speed having a clearing width of 16 inches and a clearing depth of 8 inches. The machine is very easy to be assembled and comes with transport wheels of 6 inches that help in its mobility. This snow blower has an adjustable handle as well that helps in very controlled chute rotation and discharge. Thus, all these features make it very easy to be used. Although it is corded the engine is quite powerful.
- Adjustable support handle helps in controlled chute rotation
- Very easy to assemble the machine
- It is very easy to control
- Quite ideal for plowing snow of weighed 430lbs/min
- It throws snow up to 30 feet, which one of the best features
- It is corded
- The power button has no lock button
- The wheels wear out very soon and easily
6. Power Smart DB5023
The Power Smart DB5023 is known for its powerful motor. The machine works like magic in snow blowing as it has a clearing width of 18 inches and a clearing depth of 8 inches. It has a powerful motor of 13 amperes powered with 120 V battery having a throwing range of 30 feet. Moreover, it comes at a cheap price but we cannot put it under the best gas snow blower. Although this snow blower has a weight of 37 lbs. and also it is corded but this is highly mobile. In fact, it is very easy to be operated and moved around. It starts very quickly and operates smoothly. This has no wheels thereby, it needs to be pushed around. Thus, it is quite difficult to be operated by older adults.
- Assembling is quite easy
- The machine can be moved around quite simply
- Empowered with a powerful motor of 13 amperes
- It throws snow up to 30 feet
- It is very difficult to be moved by older adults as it has no wheels
- Machine is corded
- The build is made up of plastic
- Not a reliable design
EJWOX is a highly durable snowblower but has a little low amp. It has an adjustable handle which makes the work quite easy. This machine can remove snow weighing up to 700 pounds per minute. It can throw the snow up to 20 feet. The throwing angle is 90 degrees, with large-sized wheels of 5 inches that further enhance the snow throwing capabilities. An extension cord has to be bought that matches the volts of the machine, otherwise, the machine can be affected.
- It is a very lightweight of 4 pounds
- The machine has an adjustable throw angle that supports up to 90 degrees
- The adjustable handle makes work easier
- Affordable price
- The wheels are largely sized of 5 inches
- Operated on lower amperes
These are the top-notch gas snow blowers available in the market for use. When you are looking for the snow blowers always look for the ones that allow easy hand grip and let the user work even in the night times. Moreover, it should match your budget as well. We hope these reviews help you buy the best gas snow blower that matches your needs. You can also visit snow blowers other articles such as best snow blowers, best single stage snow blower, best 2 stage snow blowers, and best 3 stage snow blowers, etc.