Plasma cutters used to be an expensive instrument but with the advancement of technology, cheaper plasma cutters are also available in the market for as low as $300. One might get confused about the brand and models available in the market. That is why we will provide details of the best plasma cutter for the money.
Best plasma cutter for the money:
Following is a list of best plasma cutter for the money that available in the market and you can buy them at an affordable price:
1) LOTOS LT5000D 50A Air Inverter Plasma Cutter Dual Voltage 110/220V
It would cost you around $281.20. It is an air plasma cutter that is suitable for cutting Stainless Steel, Alloy Steel, Mild Steel, Copper, Aluminum, etc. This uses non-dangerous compressed air for plasma cutting. It is safe and at a cheaper price as well. It is the best plasma cutter for the money.
- Cheap and safe: this plasma cutter is portable. It is safe to use as it uses non-hazardous compressed air in order to cut through stainless steel, copper, alloy steel, mild steel, and aluminum.
- Quick to work: it takes 1 minute to adjust and the setup itself. It is very quick in connecting to the air compressor as the pre-installed NPT 1/4” industry type D plug and air filter regulator makes it function faster.
- Efficiency in output & performance: 10-50 a DC output, 1/2” ideal clean cut and 3/4” maximum severance cut under 220/240v. 10-35a DC output, 1/3″ ideal clean cut and 2/5″
- Voltage input: This plasma cutter comes with a dual voltage and dual frequency (110/120 v 220/240 v 50/60 Hz) that is operated by automatic means.
- Effective cooling system: it has a fast and very efficient cooling system which makes sure its durable high performance.
- The consumables for this model are way expensive.
2) SUNGOLDPOWER 50A Air Plasma Cutter Inverter DC Digital Display
This amazing plasma cutter would cost you around $277.50. Plus point for this plasma cutter is its dual voltage that is 110v and 220v. It is an IGBT tech machine. IGBT machines are far more reliable and durable than the MOSFET machines.
- Inverter switch: This IGBT tech has a soft inverter switch with a Direct Current (DC) output.
- Display: It has an LCD display that is digital and comes with a front panel that is easy to read.
- Cutting thickness: It can cut up to 1/2” thickness that makes it very one of the best choices in the market for cutting Stainless steel, aluminum, iron, and copper, etc.
- Operational light indicators: It has light indicators that would warn you about over current and air pressure of the machine.
- Pro points: It is an inverter type thus it saves energy, has high cutting speed with no noise. It cuts so smoothly that no polishing is required later.
- Waterproof shield: It has a waterproof shield that prevents electric shock hazards.
- It has a torch lead of 11’ with 6-foot ground lead.
- Its quality is a bit low.
- It has no drag technology with no standoff.
3) Forney Easy Weld 251 20 P Plasma Cutter:
It will cost you around $407.96. This is a bit expensive but no doubt that it is worth the price.
- Cutting thickness: It can easily cut 1/4″* (6.35 millimeters) that makes it suitable for cutting Mild steel, aluminum, and stainless steel.
- Easy to operate: It requires a 120V power source and compressed air of 1.5 CFM. It has a built-in regulator and air dryer as well that smoothens its functioning as well.
- Drag-torch technology: It uses drag torch technology that allows the user to bring the metal in direct contact with the drag cutting tips, making output results smoother.
- Lightweight and portable: It is a generator friendly plasma cutter that makes it easy to carry from one place to another.
- Metallic body: It has a rugged metal case that makes it easier to handle.
- The machine comes with a 13′ cutting torch, 20A-15A adapter, 8′ ground clamp, 1 additional electrode and 1 additional nozzle. It has a year warranty as well.
- Requires 110/120V power input.
- Produces a maximum of twenty Ampere of output.
- It can only cut up to 1/4” of steel.
4) Lotos LTP5000D 50Amp Non-Touch Pilot Arc Plasma Cutter, Dual Voltage 110V/220V
It costs $432.13. A bit expensive but still one of the best plasma cutter for the money. It is a pilot arc plasma cutter that is suitable for cutting through rough, rusty, and painted surfaces with minimal slag. Pilot arc technology is a totally revolutionary technology that lets the user cut through the surfaces without having to touch the tip to the metal. It gives a better cutting quality with durable results.
- Cheaper and safer: It comes with a carry handle that makes it easier to be carried. It is safer to use as it uses non-hazardous compressed air for cutting.
- COMPATIBLE CONSUMABLES SETS: “PCS22” or “PCS33” are the compatible consumable sets for this plasma cutter. Lotos PCON40 or PCON90 Consumables Sets are not compatible with it though.
- Easily cuts through: It is suitable for Stainless Steel, Mild Steel, Copper, Alloy Steel, Aluminum, etc.
- Sets up within a minute: It comes with NPT 1/4″ industry type D plug and an air filter regulator that makes it very easier to be connected to the air compressor. It sets up within a minute.
- Fast cooling system: It has a faster cooler system as compared to other models thus, it makes it more reliable to work with.
- Output: 100V
- Dual input for voltage: It has an Automatic Dual Voltage / Dual Frequency (110/120 V 220/240 V 50/60Hz).
- Maximum Severance and cut Thickness: It has 3/4″ maximum severance thickness and 1/2″maximum cut thickness.
- It has a 6 foot grounded lead.
- It isn’t one of the best standoffs available in the market.
5) CUT-50, 50 Amp Pro. Plasma Cutter, DC Inverter 110/230V Dual Voltage Cutting Machine
It costs around $279.00. This is a totally new design available these days, it comes with an inner located filter with the meter and adjustment being attached to the front side of the machine. Thus this design makes working easier than ever before. Moreover, it has inverter technology that helps in saving energy and electricity. It targets small business project use.
- Cutting thickness: It can easily cut through 3/4 inches with a maximum severance thickness of 1.0 inch
- Automatic working: It can adapt to a 100-240V input power source easily and automatically. It comes with the plug adapters as well.
- Torch design: It has a very strong and comfortable grip handle made from impact and heat resistant material.
- Designed for almost anything: It can be used at industrial and construction work level and as well as at home.
- Used better for: It is better to cut stainless steel, copper, aluminum alloy steel, mild steel, and other metal materials.
- Pro points: It requires the least maintenance, gives a better cut and efficient results at an affordable price, therefore best plasma cutter for the money.
- Air leaks are common with this model so one has to be careful while operating it.
Our suggestion for the best plasma cutter for money:
We hope this would give a detailed insight into some best and affordable plasma cutters available in the market. We tried to gather the best plasma cutter for the money. You can choose either of them depending upon the type of output needed. You can also visit our related articles on the best plasma cutter, the best plasma cutter with built in compressor, and the best plasma cutter under 500.