Most people do not consider lawn mowing in the category of their favorite activities rather grass-cutting is deemed laborious when you have to mow large yards. Zero-turn mowers are best suited for large gardens as it can reduce the mowing time to 70% and it is highly maneuverable. There are certain machines manufactured to optimize functional capability according to the area of the yard so, further, in this article, the list of best zero turn mower for 3 acres is discussed to present a better overview regarding features and serviceability of the equipment.
Best Zero Turn Mower for 3 Acres 2020
1. Ariens IKON-X Zero-turn Mower
Let’s begin with the top-of-the-line mowing machine that is durable and heavy-duty at the same time, IKON-X by Ariens is regarded as the best zero turn mower for 3 acres that is powered by 726cc potent engine and generates 23 Horse Power making it the most powerful mowing machine available in the market. IKON-X weighs 635 pounds and made up of 10-gauge steel, incorporating a rugged 52-inch fabricated steel deck which makes it extremely multi-functional.
According to experts, “IKON-X provides a smooth ride with improved suspension plus due to its high-torque properties and smooth Hydrogear EZT transmission, the model is worth every penny”. There are other added features in IKON-X to make the mowing process more comfortable such as high backed and padded seats.
- IKON-X is integrated with high-end technology
- It helps to conserve a lot of time
- Ergonomic design and configuration
- It comes with a 3-year warranty
- The model is heavier that reduces its portability
- It doesn’t come with a mulching set
2. Ryobi 42-Inch Zero-Turn Mower
The electrically powered zero turn mower manufactured by Ryobi can trim up to three acres while running on a single charge as it incorporates four brushless motors and 100Ah lead-acid battery to carry out the task in one fell swoop. In comparison to gas mowers, Ryobi’s electrically operated mowing machines are lightweight and do the job expeditiously, the model can cut the grass at the average speed of 7 mph. Besides, it integrates a versatile 42-inch deck that allows to mow a vast area in a single operation and it can be employed on a broad range of topography from smooth surfaces to uneven hilly terrain.
The model features great maneuverability as its completely functional around woods and impediments in the yard. Also, the model is super easy to put together, it takes a maximum of 10 to 15 minutes to assemble the mower. 42-inch zero turn mower by Ryobi is productive, practical, and considered as one of the best zero turn mowers for 3 acres.
- Remarkable battery life, allows you to mow for a considerable amount of time and covers the large area.
- Lightweight and fast.
- Multi-terrain functionality
- Highly maneuverable
- User-friendly design and comes with a comprehensive manual.
- The model features dual blades that are relatively inefficient in mowing than the 3-blade system.
- Not suitable for commercial purposes due to precarious blade motors.
3. Husqvarna MZ61 Zero-Turn Mower
Husqvarna just stepped up the game and took it to another level by manufacturing MZ61 that incorporates hydrostatic technology and powered by Briggs and Stratton Endurance Series engine. With the powerful engine producing 27 horsepower, MZ61 is considered as the best option for commercial purposes. MZ61 by Husqvarna is constructed with 11-gauge steel plus it features a 61-inch deck that allows you to mow a wide area at high speed. This hydrostatic lawnmower is designed to mow up to 4.2 acres per hour at a speed of 8.5 mph. Moreover, this magnificent zero-turn mowing machine exhibits speed and power by knocking out a 3 to the 4-acre area in just an hour.
MZ61 features aluminum greaseable spindles and chute made up of hard polymer plus the elevation of the deck can be adjusted to 12 different heights which can be controlled by easy to access foot pedal. Further, the manufacturer didn’t compromise over the quality of material and added comfort for the user, it comes with padded dual levers to minimize vibration and improve the grip, it also features armrests and standard vinyl seat that offers extra convenience making it the most durable and ergonomic zero turn mower.
- Considered as one of the best zero turn mowers due to its durable build.
- A powerful engine is integrated to run the machine
- Hydrostatic gear transmission technology is found in the mower
- 61-inch deck covers the large area
- Extremely efficient and noiseless.
- The underperformance of the mower is witnessed in tall grasses and around shrubs
- It doesn’t come with a fuel gauge.
4. Swisher FC14560BS Zero Turn Mower
Swisher manufactured an electric start zero turn mower that lies in the budget-friendly range and the major advantage of this mowing machine is that it can be attached to lawn tractors and utility vehicles to trim large lawns and meadows at an accelerated pace. Mowing large lawns can be a quite challenging and time-intensive job but Swisher made it simple plus quick by developing this legendary mowing model which is powered by 500cc Briggs & Stratton engine and incorporates three G6 Gator commercial mulching blades that allow you to mow a wide area in few minutes.
This zero-turn mower features a 60-inch side-discharge deck that increases its functionality by clearing wide paths and throw the grass out to prevent choking. Swisher’s electrically operated model also allows you to control the cutting-height and its 2.5-gallon fuel tank ensures more productivity by significantly reducing the mowing time. The remarkable model by Swisher is acclaimed due to its durable build and upgraded technology and mowing engineers regard this model as the best zero turn mower for 3 acres in 2020.
- The model houses a powerful engine that helps to save a lot of time
- It comes with a 1-year warranty
- Can be employed to trim even tall grasses and shrubs
- It features 3 mulching blades instead of two
- It doesn’t come with a battery
- The battery strap doesn’t work properly
5. Ariens Zoom Zero turn Mower
Zoom by Ariens includes a functional 34-inch cutting deck that works well for vast lawn area and it is best suited zero turn mower for 3 acres. The medium-sized lawn mowing machine is run by a 660cc engine which yields 19 horsepower that permits you to mow at a higher velocity, reducing the chopping time. The model is engineered with top-quality 12-gauge steel plus Ariens took operator’s comfort and convenience into account while manufacturing this model, so you will find a high-backed and comfortable seat and the whole design of the mower is extremely ergonomic.
Ariens’s Zoom is lightweight and it also comes with the adjustable cutting-heights option so you can regulate the height of blades according to the surface.
- The durable and long-lasting engine that ensures efficient fuel consumption
- Highly comfortable and smooth ride
- It comes with a wide cutting deck
- The mulching kit that comes with Ariens Zoom performs really well.
- Not suited for harsh terrains, not enough traction to hold the machine on a slope
- If you are operating this mower on a wet day, the moist grass can clog the mower.
6. John Deere E110 Zero Turn Mower
If you are looking for a mower that can execute grass trimming in an efficient manner, covers a large area without choking, saves a lot of time and you expect it to be budget-friendly as well then John Deerie’s E110 is the ultimate option for you to have it all in a single mowing machine. E110 features 42-inch cutting deck, with the size of deck you can easily ride to trim your 3 acres garden. It comes with a powerful engine of 540cc that allows the machine to work by 19 horsepower. Plus, the powerful battery assists with starting the tractor, and the hydrostatic transmission technology allows you to control the ground speed.
E110 is engineered to be durable therefore frame of the model is made up of full-length welded steel to add strength. That being said due to its phenomenal performance E110 is included in the list of best zero turn mowers for 3 acres of 2020.
- It comes with two-pedal foot-controlled hydrostatic
- It comes with the cartridge air cleaner
- Powerful engine
- Operator’s station is super comfortable
- The company offers a 2-year warranty for E110.
- No oil drain tools with the engine
- This mower requires high maintenance
While you are planning on buying zero turn mower for your large lawn, choose the zero-turn riding mowers according to the size of your yard. In this article, the best zero turn mower for 3 acres reviewed that would certainly help you to get a better idea regarding features, specifications, strengths, and weaknesses of the discussed mowing machines. Definitely, a buyer would want all essentials features, durable engine, and big deck size for enhanced functionality at affordable rates, we have picked the finest models that would undoubtedly fill the checklist of an interested buyer.
Here’re our related articles which you can also visit such as; the best zero turn mower, best zero turn mower for 1 acre, best zero turn mower for 2 acres, best zero turn mower for 4 acres, and best zero turn mower for 5 acres.