We all want a beautiful, lush lawn where we can spend our time, pace around, and we also aware of the fact that it’s not easy to maintain our lawn especially a bumpy and uneven one. If you’re dealing with steep hills, the caster wheels of your mower that allow smooth steering will not provide you enough stability due to the significant weight. The greater the weight is more difficult it will be for the mower to go uphill. If that’s the case, what you need is the best zero turn mower for hills that are equipped with a powerful engine to oppose the force caused by weight.
I’ve researched on mowers that can tackle hills aptly and formulated a list of highly recommended zero-turn mowers for you, so you can readily narrow down your choices to the best zero turn mowers for hills on the market today.
Best Zero Turn Mower for Hills 2020
Here are some of the best Zero Turn mower for hills available on the market.
1. Snapper 360z Mower (48inch)
Snapper 360z Mower is between the most expensive and the least expensive of its class that can maneuver around hilly mountains and small static obstacles such as flower fields and shrubs. Designed and built to serve on larger and sloppy areas, it is equipped with a Briggs and Stratton 4-stroke engine which unleashes 23 HP of mowing power whenever you turn it on. It can go up to a maximum speed of 6 mph while forwarding and 3 mph while backing up. This compact mower that can hold any amount of battering with its fully-welded steel frame, 14 gauge durable stamped steel mowing deck, thick walls, and aerospace-grade aluminum spindle.
One of the best features this mower possesses is its 7 different cutting height positions that range from 1.5 inches to 4.5 inches.
- Aluminum spindle.
- Smooth Hydro-gear.
- 15 inches mid-back seat.
- Fully-welded steel frame.
- An integrated brake system.
- New Compact Deck Options.
- 7 different cutting height positions.
- Briggs and Stratton 4-stroke engine.
- Durable stamped steel mowing deck.
- Optional accessories of grass mulching kit, twin catcher, and cargo bed with its accessories.
- The exclusive suspension support system the impact is reduced to 25% when operating the vehicle.
- No anti-scalp wheels.
- Fuel level checked by sight.
- Difficult to maneuver in tight places.
- The deck comes with a limited warranty of 3 years.
- The cargo bed and the armrest are to be paid separately.
- ZT feature decreases traction and stability of the mower.
2. Swisher ZTR2454BS
Swisher ZTR2454BS is a perfect example of power and comfort with its heavy-duty welded frame. It is fast, big, easy to use best zero turn mower for hills. This mower uses a rapid response control system such as innovative joystick controls. It is powered by a Briggs and Stratton engine of 24HP and an 11-gauge cutting deck of 52 inches that comes with three Gator mulching blades for finely-chopped grass. Deck height can be adjusted effortlessly with deck lift ranging from 1.5inch to 4.5inch. Consists of a front debris shield that offers improvement of airflow and grass discharge while preventing grass from escaping under the front of the mower deck & blowing back on the operator. Swisher ZTR2454BS moves with a maximum speed of 8 miles per hour.
This mower has a digital hour meter and 8-gallon fuel capacity. Turns of 360° and a lower center of gravity offers excellent maneuverability. Moreover, it features Hydro-Gear 2800 transmissions along with an Ogura clutch leaving the lawn nearly perfectly manicured. ZTR2454BS is a convenient machine that makes mowing a pleasure.
- Easy to use.
- An Ogura clutch.
- Electronic deck lift.
- Front and rear hitch.
- Reliable and durable.
- Fuel capacity of 8 gals.
- Powerful & affordable.
- 3 Gator mulching blades.
- Super comfortable seating.
- Innovative joystick controls.
- Hydro-Gear 2800 transmissions.
- 11-gauge cutting deck of 52 inches.
- Briggs and Stratton engine of 24HP.
- Can reach up to 8 miles per hour (max speed).
- Great maneuverability comes from balanced weight distribution.
- Large in size.
- Uses a lot of fuel.
- Not for everyday use.
- Fewer service centers.
- A bit noisy when operated.
- Unavailability of spare parts.
- Regular maintenance is required.
3. Poulan Pro P46ZX
Here we’ll be looking at the Poulan Pro P46ZX owned by Husqvarna. This particular model is driven with a 22Hp V-twin Briggs & Stratton engine with a 4 dual hydro-gear EZT drive system and electric PTO. Features a Ready start ignition system and a 46inch two-bladed RZ Reinforced steel deck that comes with a 10-year warranty. With a max speed of 6 mph and a 3.5-gallon fuel capacity, it can cut up to 2.4 acres per hour producing fine clippings, leaving minimal clumps. It is efficient enough to work at large hilly lawns as it is reinforced with a steel deck & rugged steel frame.
This welded steel frame proves how robust and durable Pro P46ZX is. There are 6 different adjustable cutting height positions available that range from 1.5″ to 4″ in 1/2″ increments. Poulan Pro P46ZX also includes a digital hour meter, durable caster wheels, 3 anti-scalp rollers, and easy-to-operate dual levers.
- High Back Seat.
- Sturdy & durable.
- Padded hand grip.
- Easy Access Panel.
- Capable of towing.
- Welded steel frame.
- Durable caster wheels.
- 10-year warranty on deck.
- Parking-brake engagement.
- Mulching and bagger are capable.
- 6 different adjustable cut-height.
- 4 dual hydro-gear EZT drive system.
- 3 Year Limited Homeowner Warranty.
- Easy Electric Clutch Blade Engagement.
- Efficient enough to work at large hilly lawns.
- Comes with a digital hour meter and3 anti-scalp rollers.
- The electric clutch provides makes it easy to engage the mower blades.
- Small cutting deck.
- Average fuel capacity.
- Not suitable for slopes.
- Cannot go above 6 MPH.
- The belt is not well integrated.
- Packaging and delivery are displeasing.
- Doesn’t come with additional accessories.
- Difficulty in turning around due to a high seat.
- Problems in finding a bagging system for this unit.
4. Husqvarna MZ61
Husqvarna MZ61 is an MZ series mower that is commercially power graded. This mower is an excellent performer for hilly landscapes in its class. It consists of a 27 HP Briggs Endurance V-Twin engine with a heavy-duty steel frame and fabricated 11-gauge steel cutting deck that offers a maximum cut of 54 inches. The 61-inch cutting width delivers incredible ergonomics. You can rely on Husqvarna MZ61 for peak performance and the toughest mowing jobs. Its functionally designed deck lifting system gives quick and easy height adjustments of cut positions that maintain a high-quality lawn.
The one of best zero turn mower for hills MZ61 gives you a comfortable ride, reliable startups, a lot of versatility, and high ground speeds. The unit features a high back seat with armrests giving you great comfort. It is equipped with Hydrostatic Gear Transmission and a 3 blade cutting system.
- Mulch capable.
- Comfortable seats.
- High ground speed.
- Vibration dampeners.
- 61-inch cutting width.
- Good maneuverability.
- 3 blade cutting system.
- Foam-padded hand grips.
- 11-gauge steel cutting deck.
- High back seat with armrests.
- Arrives completely assembled.
- Hydrostatic Gear Transmission.
- 27 HP Briggs Endurance V-Twin.
- Commercially rated hydraulic system.
- An hour meter indicating time for service.
- No hitch
- Could be a bit too noisy.
- Steering is jammed at times.
- No headlights and backlights.
- The engine does not run smoothly.
- Problems regarding the warranty.
5. Troy-Bilt Super Mustang
Mustang 50 XP zero-turn riding mower is one of the top picks that give you everything that you need in a Zero Turn lawnmower. It’s considered a great asset for hilly yards. This powerful and strong mower is powered by a 724 CC Briggs & Stratton engine and electric PTO along with a high power EZT dual hydrostatic transmission system that provides a significant amount of torque. This means you can mow across a large acreage in no time. A Bonus feature of this mower is its fuel-efficiency that comes from the Overhead Valve design of the 724cc engine providing more power while reducing fuel consumption.
Super Mustang features a reinforced heavy-duty frame and standard front axle for long service life. Equipped with a 50-inch triple-blade side discharge deck that offers 8 adjustable height positions. This mower will give you a long-lasting and durable performance.
- Electric PTO.
- Super steady,
- Durable wheels.
- Easy to operate.
- Standard front axle.
- Easy blade engagement.
- Self-cleaning blade system.
- Comfortable high-back seat.
- Made from highly durable parts.
- Full pressure lubrication system.
- Proceed with caution on slopes.
- No armrests.
- Hard to turn around.
- Casters occasionally get stuck.
- Issues with warranty conditions.
- No accessory bagging attachment.
If you need a lawnmower to tackle a hilly area follow our leads as to which zero-turn mowers are highly recommended. To buy the best zero turn mower for hills, you need to study the monstrous machine that you’ll be buying thoroughly. Choose the model that’s right for your task. That way, you’ll be able to buy what you need. Take the hassle of mowing grass on a hilly area with these impressive ones, if these are not impressive, we do not know what is. I hope our article made you well informed to make your decision.