It’s amazing how much power a lithium-ion battery is capable of producing, especially in the 18V/20V class. Ingersoll Rand – a brand well-known for its automotive tools – is able to produce an impressive 780 foot-pounds of torque with their Ingersoll Rand 20V Max High-Torque Impact Wrench. When it comes to nut-busting torque, they blast beyond the 1000 foot-pound mark and hit 1100 foot-pounds.
There’s more to an impact wrench than just muscle, though. You need a blend of ergonomics and features that make the job easier if you’re really going to get the attention of Pros. Check out the features IR says you can expect to come along with this model.
Ingersoll Rand 20V Max High-Torque Impact Wrench – What IR Says
- 780 ft-lbs of maximum forward/reverse torque & 1100 ft-lb of nut-busting torque – from cordless impact wrench that weighs only 6.8 lbs.
- High-power rare earth magnet (neodymium) motor — offers a long life and high power
- Steel-lined aluminum hammer case — designed to be strong and light-weight for maximum protection of the internal components
- All-metal drive train and hammer mechanism — robust, durable, and optimized for maximum power and efficiency
- Variable speed switch with electronic brake — provides maximum control of the tool
- Patent-pending metal reinforced housing — ready to work even after repeated drops
- Patent-pending soft touch over-molded grip — minimizes vibration, reduces fatigue, and enhances user comfort during extended use
- Best-in-class short length — 9.4″ from tip to tail
20V tools are more powerful than 18V tools, right? Not so fast – check out this article.
Looking at it from the construction standpoint, a lot of that list looks pretty standard for a high-end cordless impact wrench. A couple of things stand out, though. First, notice they’re using a rare earth neodymium motor. This sounds cool, but in a nutshell, neodymium is a more powerful magnet than has been used in the past.
The other attention getter is the metal reinforced housing. This has the potential to increase the durability pretty significantly. Tools of this general design shape tend to have the handles break on impact. While the plastic outer housing may still crack, the metal lining gives it a better chance to stay in one piece.
If you’d like to know more about the Ingersoll Rand 20V Max High-Torque Impact Wrench, there are a couple of great opportunities. You can check out the standalone review from Shop Tool Reviews…
… or see how it did in the shootout against other popular brands!
Ingersoll Rand 20V Max High-Torque Impact Wrench Specifications
- Model: Ingersoll Rand W7150-K22
- Battery Volts: 20
- Battery Amp Hours: 5.0 Ah
- Anvil: 1/2″
- RPM: 0-1,900 RPM
- Impacts Per Minute: 2,300 IPM
- Max Tightening Torque: 780 ft-lbs
- Max Loosening Torque: 1,100 ft-lbs
- Weight: 6.8 lbs
- Warranty: 3 yearsPrice: $455.93