Charging batteries on the job site always presents a challenge. The Metabo HPT 4-Port Battery Charger (UC18YTSL) lets you simultaneously recharge 4 packs off a single outlet. This should make it easier to get your Metabo HPT MultiVolt table saw or MultiVolt 10-inch miter saw back up and running in no time.
Metabo HPT 4-Port Battery Charger Features
The UC18YTSL charges any Hitachi or Metabo HPT slide-type battery. That includes Hitachi and Metabo HPT 18V battery packs as well as the new MultiVolt 36V packs.
The new 4-port Metabo HPT charger also comes with 2 USB ports and a pair of AC outlets for up to 10-amps of pass-through power. It includes a convenient folding carry handle for transport. Unfortunately, we found no keyhole mount for wall-mounting the charger.
Two Charging Modes
Two charging modes allow for different uses of this multi-port charger. You can charge any combination of batteries either one at a time or up to four simultaneously. If you charge in sequential mode, the Metabo HPT UC18YTSL operates as a rapid charger. Single-pack charge times decrease dramatically in this mode:
- Hitachi or Metabo HPT 18V 3 Ah pack – 30 minutes
- Metabo HPT MultiVolt 2.5 Ah pack – 32 minutes
- Metabo HPT MultiVolt 4 Ah pack – 52 minutes
If, however, you opt to charge all four batteries at the same time, the charger operates in the following mode:
- 4 x Hitachi or Metabo HPT 18V 3 Ah packs – 120 minutes
- Four x Metabo HPT MultiVolt 2.5 Ah packs – 128 minutes
- 4 x Metabo HPT MultiVolt 4 Ah packs – 208 minutes
- Model: UC18YTSL
- Compatibility: 14.4V, 18V, MultiVolt (36V) Li-ion
- Charging ports: 4
- 2 x USB 1A ports
- 2 x AC outlets (10A total)
- Length: 10 in.
- Weight: 3.3 lbs.
The new Metabo HPT 4-port battery charger will retail for $149.